- Destination: Bachatna Creek
- Location: West Side Cook Inlet
- Flight Time: 20 minutes
- Trip Duration: 6-8 hours
- Target Species: Silver Salmon
- Limit: Three fish.
- Run Timing: Silvers: July 15 – Aug 25
- Description: Located on the West Forelands of Cook Inlet between the mouths of
the Kustatan and Big River, Bachatna Creek literally comes alive with silver salmon in late July and August. The stream is very unique in that it has a strictly sand bottom, shallow runs and crystal clear water. Standing on small sandbars, one can sight fish for silvers all day long and watch one after another take your fly. The fish are less than five miles from the saltwater, very fresh and super aggressive. While this river sees a very strong run on silvers and very little pressure it is subject to varying water conditions due to its size and shallow nature. This river requires some degree of hiking and wading.